Sunday 30 October 2011

Mandible excavated from Stainton gravel beds.

















My Daughter found this jaw fragment from a new dig in a section of packed gravel 5 metres east of my main dig at Stainton, at the moment i can not identify it. The teeth don't match bovine horse or cervidae that i have or have viewed. The radius i believe could be from the same animal? it apeares to be cervidae?

                        More can be viewed regarding the Stainton gravel beds by clicking the link below
                                                                The Stainton gravel beds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to correct me on any part of my blog, i would also welcome any help that can be offered in correctly identifying some of my fossil finds All the best to all Heath.