Tuesday 19 January 2016

Cleveland North East England's real superficial Geology

The Geological survey still amazingly have the area I have investigated with little help for nine years recorded as the boulder clay , recorded by a man who never actually excavated a square foot of the area In question . I have recorded in this very blog that Agar was wrong, and the south west area of Cleveland has no surface deposits that relate to boulder clay or direct glacial activity.

In fact all of the excavated evidence points towards an area covered by alluvium and related gravel bed and clay and silt deposits containing well preserved fossils and sub fossils both animal and human , I have gone into some detail in previous posts trying to explain my theories regarding what could have caused the true geology of the south west area of Cleveland , as well as reporting to the relevant local professional groups .

Yet students are still told to work on incorrect information regarding the Geology of this area ! 

6 comments:

  1. The red and blue clay you have dug up is boulder clay
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nehjc5zo3uo/UublnDGACZI/AAAAAAAAVY8/t06evibmTQM/s1600/DSCF6520.JPG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your link does not work please explain ? ps how can erratic boulder clay form 30 mm thick seams of bright read and blue clay ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS These deposits sit well below the gravel beds and alluvial deposits I refer to !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a link to one of your photos. All of the geology in this area is described on the geology of Britain viewer and it matches what you have dug up.
    What is erratic boulder clay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boulder clay of any kind was formed erratically, as for the geological records they record the area as predominantly boulder clay this not the case, as I have recorded the only major stone content on the surface of the alluvium once belonged to the underlying Stainton gravel beds which are most certainly not a result of retreating ice !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been busy with my new business, so have not been active on my work in the area , but on checking the viewer, I am amazed to see that since my last look nearly all of the deep beck valleys, have been re mapped, in almost the exact descriptions first reported by me after years of excavation ! thank you for alerting me about this, all of my work was viewed and recorded by a local riggs group and my good friend Andy Cooper ( Geologist ) They have however they have forgotten to mention that the deposits can not be 2 million years old ! they contain early Holocene sub fossils, both human and animal!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to correct me on any part of my blog, i would also welcome any help that can be offered in correctly identifying some of my fossil finds All the best to all Heath.