Monday 12 February 2018

Clevelands Magnetic Bones ( Sub Fossils )

A few examples of sub fossils from local deposits that attract a magnet.


This Equus Skull easily attracted a small round rare earth magnet.







                            As did the bones below found and excavated about 3 miles away in fact the first pic show week kids magnets sticking. 






           The two images below show me scraping the inside of a freshly cut bone  after I had thoroughly cleaned it to remove any residual metal from the saw blade, I used a hard plastic scraper the inner bone material was found to be highly magnetic.

                                                                       




The video below shows an experiment I carried out with an antler piece.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5-hQA9P8qg



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to correct me on any part of my blog, i would also welcome any help that can be offered in correctly identifying some of my fossil finds All the best to all Heath.