Tuesday 3 September 2013

Ammonite pieces & blue green mineral from the Stainton gravel beds.

 1- Large ammonite section 120mm x 80mm x 80mm.
  2 - This fragment was from a much bigger ammonite, i would say this would have been about 150mm wide.
  3- What looks to be Coral.





 3b


  4 -Blue Green mineral.
  5 - I first thought this to be Turquoise, but it seems to soft, it is very much like chalk.
  6
  7
  8 I  now know this piece to be Malachite .


 9 - 11 Unknown Bivalve

 10 - Belemnite section.

 11 - All of the above came from just a small section of the Stainton gravel beds.




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to correct me on any part of my blog, i would also welcome any help that can be offered in correctly identifying some of my fossil finds All the best to all Heath.