Thursday 11 April 2013

Stainsby beck Prehistoric Mineralised wood excavated from Iron Age deposits.

  1 - This piece of mineralised wood was excavated from the ancient lake bed deposits at Stainsby beck.
 2 - It was excavated very close to the latest bone and pottery finds.
 3 - The mineralised wood like most stone and bone found in the south west area of Cleveland is magnetic, this phenomena has been reported many times to Geologists by myself. 
 4 - The thicker veins seem to be totally mineralised, calcite maybe. I believe this wood was utilised, before it ended up with the bones and artefact's also found.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to correct me on any part of my blog, i would also welcome any help that can be offered in correctly identifying some of my fossil finds All the best to all Heath.